Return to BibleToday Homepage
The Divine Plan of the Ages Chapter 8 Questions
1. What is the general view of the day of judgment and is it scriptural? (pg. 137,138, par. 1)
2. What parable is used as the basis for this erroneous view, and how is it misapplied? (pg. 138, par. 2)
3. What does the term judgment signify and how is the term day applied both in scripture and in common usage? (pg. 138, par. 3,4)
4. When we consider the scope of the work to be accomplished, why is the common view of the judgment day absurd? Have there been other judgment days during which certain elect classes have been on trial? (pg. 139, par. 1,2)
5. Where and when did the first great judgment of the human race take place, and what was the verdict? Are there evidences that the penalty has been enforced? (pg. 140, par. 1,2)
6. Has God made provision for the condemned race? Does the fact that the church alone has "escaped the corruption that is in the world" signify that the rest of mankind will have no future hope of escape (pg. 140, par. 2)
7. The scriptures declare, "He hath appointed a day in which he will judge the world" (Acts 17:31). Does this mean that God has changed his mind?
8. Who will be the judge in the world's trial and what does the character of the judge guarantee for this judgment? (pg. 142, par. 1,2)
9. What were the duties of a judge in Old Testament times, and how will Christ fulfill these in the world's judgment day? (pg. 142, par. 3; 143, par. 1)
10. Why will the second trial be more favorable for mankind than the first? What will be the experience of the willful sinners? And how many years of trial are guaranteed to each individual? (pg. 143, 144, par. 1)
11. What parable and scriptures describe the conclusion of the Judgment Day? And how does the coming trial affect each individual's present responsibility? (pg. 144, par. 2; pg. 145, par. 1)
12. What has been the object of the long interval between the first and second advent? How are these two classes designated and will they come into judgment with the world? (pg. 145, par. 2,3)
13. What was necessary before the members of these two classes could be placed on trial? And what is the difference between the trial of these two classes as compared to the world? (pg. 146, par. 1,2)
14. Who has deceived the world and nominal church and how have they been deceived? How did the Prophets and Apostles regard the promised Judgment Day? Explain how John 5:28,29 has been mistranslated and misapplied.